Below is a list of commonly accepted Alleviated Illnesses and Medicinal Cannabis Effects
- HIV & AIDS – Cannabis is known to Increase appetite, alleviate nausea and amelioration of other common AIDS symptoms. Cannabis AIDS patient: “Very few things provide relief these days but Medicinal Cannabis provides me with a over all increased comfortably and I can actually stomach my meals” – Click here for complete Quote and Source info
- Alzheimer’s Disease– Cannabis is thought to simultaneously treat both the symptoms and progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Quote from Scientific Journal “Our results indicate that cannabinoid receptors are important in the pathology of AD [Alzheimer’s disease] and that cannabinoids succeed in preventing the neurodegenerative process occurring in the disease” Click here for Complete Quote and Source Info
- Arthritis– Cannabis lowers a patients pain levels, is thought to decrease inflammation and “In comparison with placebo, the CBM [cannabis-based medicine] produced statistically significant improvements in pain on movement, pain at rest, quality of sleep…” to Click here for Complete Quote and Source Info
- Asthma / Breathing Disorders– Cannabis is thought to cause an immediate reversal of asthma and hyperinflation. Alluding to its real application is to ease or cease an actual Asthma attack.
“After exercise induced bronchospasm,[exercise-induced asthma] placebo marijuana and saline were followed by gradual recovery during 30 to 60 min, whereas 2.0 per cent marijuana…caused an immediate reversal of exercise-induced asthma and hyperinflation.” For more information and the source info click here
- Cancer / Nausea– Cannabis is thought to drastically lighten the effects of various Cancers and Nausea while additionally increasing over all comfort. Medicinal Cannabis Patient Quote “A friend then gave me a marijuana cigarette, suggesting that it might help quell my nausea. I took three puffs from the cigarette. One-half hour later, I was calm, my nausea had disappeared, my appetite returned, and I slept that evening.…My use of medical marijuana had a secondary, though by no means minor benefit: I was able to drastically reduce my dependence on more powerful prescription drugs that I was prescribed for pain and nausea. With the help of medical marijuana, which I ingest only occasionally and in small amounts, I no longer need the Compazine, Lorazepam, Ativan and Halcion. No combination of these medications provided adequate relief. They also caused serious side effects that I never experienced with marijuana.” Click here for Source info
- Chron’s / Gastrointestinal Disorders– The generally observed beneficial effect of Cannabis on Chron’s is thought to be due to the anti-inflammatory properties of cannabis, but additional positive effects of cannabinoids may also play a role. Cannabinoids influence gastrointestinal motility and, in particular, have an anti-diarrheal effect. Click here for Source and Scientific journal supporting info.
- Epilepsy / Seizures– Cannabis especially strands high in CBD are thought to drastically reduce Seizure frequency and intensity. Click here for Source and Scientific Journal Supporting Info
- Glaucoma – It just so happens that one of the many virtues of cannabis is that it has the capability of decreasing intraocular pressure and that is exactly the desires result of Glaucoma treatments! Expert Thomas Orvald, MD, a cardiac surgeon “Cannabis is a very effective way, used properly, to decrease the pressure within the eye and to preserve this wonderful retina back here that transcribes all the visual sights into the brain.” Click Here for complete quote and source info.
- Hepatitis C – Cannabis in short eases the side effects of the Hepatitis C drug therapy. Quote from an Expert: “Treatment for hepatitis C involves months of therapy with two powerful drugs, interferon and ribavirin, that have severe side effects, including extreme fatigue, nausea, muscle aches, loss of appetite and depression…The Author concludes it is more likely that Cannabis helped patients by reducing depression, improving appetite and offering psychological benefits that helped the patients tolerate the treatment’s side effects.” – Click Here for complete quote and source info
- Migraines – Cannabis helps reduce over all pressure around the brain and is thought to be one of the best medicines for Migraines. “Not only are there thousands of migraine patients who benefit from cannabis, but cannabis has been cited by such historical medical luminaries as Sir William Osler, M.D. (considered the father of modern medicine) and Dr. Morris Fishbein (long-time editor of JAMA) as the best treatment for migraines.” Click Here for complete quote and source info
- Multiple Sclerosis / Muscle Spasms– Cannabis is thought to drastically improve the conditions which are a result of Multiple Sclerosis “Many MS patients report that cannabis has a startling and profound effect on muscle spasms, tremors, balance, bladder control, speech and eyesight. Many wheel-chair-bound patients report that they can walk unaided when they have smoked cannabis….
Numerous case studies, surveys and double-blind studies have reported improvement in patients treated with cannabinoids for symptoms including spasticity…” Click Here for Complete Quote and Source Info
- Pain / Analgesia – Cannabis is thought to be one of the strongest natural Pain Relievers “Scientists have known for many years that cannabinoids (the major active ingredients in cannabis medicines) are potent pain relievers, and that they act synergistically with opiates to increase the degree of pain relief.” Click Here for Complete Quote and Source Info